What makes UltraMonit retrofit modular special is the mechanical wrapping. The tool can be fitted on any subsea module or subsea spool. The tool is built up by modules which can be fitted into any place that is difficult to reach with traditional tools, ROV and divers.
To the right is a picture of a UltraMonit retrofit modular fitted into a choke module for monitoring of sand erosion on a flowline bend downstream of the choke. The tool can also be fitted on spools in a cluster of templates or any other place where it is difficult to fit a traditional tool and you need monitoring.
Sensorlink has years of experience applying different technologies for monitoring pipes and steel structures. The UltraMonit retrofit modular is one example of how we work together with our customers to find solutions on problems that comes up during operation.
The UltraMonit retrofit modular shares most of the key advantages with the other UltraMonit products.
SOME KEY ADVANTAGES ARE:
• Non-Intrusive direct wall thickness measurement
• Online and real-time feedback
• Battery powered or powered by cable
• Works through solid external coatings (PE, 3LPP, FBE, etc.)
• Improved pipeline integrity management
• Life extension and improved safety margins for late life pipelines
• Removable, movable and replaceable throughout the lifetime of the tool